Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Elephant camp

Scrapbook

The Travelled Monkey - Elephant camp
By John Weaver
This is out of my scrapbook from the 2010 trip my wife and I took to Thailand and Cambodia. 

We spend 3 days at an elephant camp in the north of Thailand near Chiang Mai, where we helped take care of the elephants. We went with the mahouts in the morning to get the elephants from the forest, brushed off their dusty backs, climbed clumsily onto their necks and rode them off to their bathing hole. 

We were with our elephants the whole day. We bathed them, fed them, paraded them and played with them. They were extremely gentle - not once were we scared of being trampled by their enormous size. 

Their giant feet stepped softly through the forest, one foot very carefully in front of the other, hardly making any sound. In fact, that's why in Thailand it's a complement to tell a woman, "You walk like an elephant." 

Not a recommended pick up line anywhere else though!

Here are some more pick up lines that may (or may not!) help you on your travels:


French

Puis-je t'appeler biscotte? Parce que je te trouve craquante.
- Can I call you Biscuit? Because I find you irresistible.

Spanish

Cuidado preciosa, tantas curvas y yo sin freno.

- Careful, precious, so many curves and me with no brakes!

Dutch

Ik heb mijn teddybeer verloren, wil jij mee naar bed? 
- I lost my teddy bear. Will you go to bed with me? 

German

Ist der Pulli aus Kamel-Haar? Sind doch auch zwei schöne Höcker drinnen. 
- Is that pullover made out of camel hair because there are 2 beautiful humps inside.

Norwegian

Vil du se min frimerkesamling. 
- Do you want to see my stamp collection? 

Portuguese 

O seu pai é um fotógrafo? Porque são muito bem desenvolvidos. 
- Is your father a photographer? Because you're really well developed. 

Italian

Come stai?
- How you doin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment