Saturday, October 25, 2014

Career courier

Pic of the week

François, a courier in Brussels  Photo by John Weaver




Walking down the street in Brussels on Friday, this bike caught my eye. Or rather the stony-eyed Santa face on the mud flap did. 


I stopped to take a picture when I heard a voice say in French: 

A payer.” (“You have to pay.”)

I looked up and saw a grinning character appear in a nearby doorway.

“Is that your bike?” I said.

“Yes,” he said.

“Are you a courier?” I asked.

“Yes,” he said.

“When I was a kid I always wanted to be a courier,” I said. “Do you like it?”

“Yes,” he said. “You have a lot of freedom. The only bad part is when it rains, but c’est la vie.”


Speaking of mail, I got some good new postcards recently. Help keep my mailman busy. Send me a postcard from wherever you are and I'll send you one back!

-----
Koffie verkeerd

“You cannot put Pol Pot or a terrorist on a milk creamer. It is unacceptable”

- Tristan Cerf, a spokesman for the Swiss company Migros, after the company accidentally distributed coffee creamers with a picture of Hitler on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment